Here are a few fun writing activities you could do at home:
1. Write a shopping list of things you need from the supermarket.
2. Write a letter or card to some of your friends and family that you cannot see for a while.
3. Role play. Have a pretend cafe at home and get your child to take your order for lunch.
4. Create a book log of the stories you read at home. Get your child to draw a picture of their favourite part of the story and either label their picture or write a sentence about it. Who was your favourite character.
5. Sound sorting activity. Choose 3 sounds for example s, a and t. Challenge your child to write down 2 words that start with each sound such as sock and sun. Can you find objects around the house that start with that sound and add them to your list?
For an extra challenge you could use di-graphs and tri-graphs rather that initial sounds for example can you write down 2 words that have the oa sound in?
Di-graphs and tri-graphs - qu, sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, ar or.
6. Can you draw a super hero and write about their super powers? Can you make up a story for your super hero? Where do they go? Who do they save?