Children should be in school every day because...
- It is the law and you could be fined if your child's attendance falls below 80%
- Children will be more sociable and make and maintain friends
- If children are in school every day they will make more progress which will enable them to have a better job later in life
When is ok for your child to be absent from school?
It is ok for your child to be absent from school if they have sickness/dihorea or have an infectious illness that could be passed on to others. If your child has sickness/dihorea, they should NOT return to school for 48 hours after they have last stopped vomiting.
It is not ok to keep your child off school...
- If they have a coughs or sneezes
- If they are tired
- If their siblings are poorly
- If you are poorly
- If it is their birthday
You may think that being 5 minutes late to school every day is not a big deal. Click on the link below to show how much of an impact this could have on your child - I think you will be very surprised!