What’s it like inside the egg?
What’s going on in there?
What hatches from an egg?
What different kinds of animals are there?
What do different types of animals eat?
Where do they live?
In English, we will start by looking at a range of non-fiction texts. We will learn about their features and will eventually make our own non-fiction books about Sharks. We will also be looking at fantasy stories including 'Where the Wild Things Are'. We will be working towards writing our own fantasy stories.
Maths objectives for this term include:
- Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (-) and equals (=) signs.
- Add and subtract one-digit and two digit numbers to 20, including zero.
- Solve one step problems that involve addition and subtraction,
- using concrete objects and pictorial representations, and missing number problems such as 7= _ - 9
- Count to 50 forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or 1, or from any number.
- Count, read and write numbers to 50 in numerals.
- Given a number, identify one more or one less.
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least.
- Count in multiples of twos, fives and tens.
- Length and height
- Weight and volume