I have been a teaching assistant here at Annesley Primary school for the past 10 years and I am excited to say that my role in school has changed! I would like to introduce myself as the new Child and Family Support Worker (C&FSW). My role is to provide support for the children who attend this school as well as supporting their families with advice and information concerning school or home life. I can help you with any worries you may have in relation to your child’s education, behaviour and wellbeing and I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
A C&FSW is able to offer impartial support, advice and guidance to parents/carers.
Advice and support is confidential, although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance to the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
I may not have all the answers, but hopefully we can work together to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
· Promoting good attendance and punctuality
· Promoting self-esteem and confidence
· Promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
· Providing personal, social and emotional support to children
Support for families includes:
· Advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
· Attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
· Liaising with a range of external services
· Providing information to services available in the local area
Finally, as a mum myself, I never forget how precious your children are and it is my aim to build strong relationships with you so every child is happy, thriving and fulfilling their potential here at Annesley Primary School.
I will be available for informal chats every morning in the playground. If you have a more sensitive matter you wish to discuss, you can contact me on the number below to make an appointment.
If needed, home visits can also be arranged.
Please feel free to come up and say hello!
I can be contacted on...
School: 01623 468806